HLTINF005 Maintain infection prevention for skin penetration treatments
Accredited / Nationally Recognised Course
Unit description: This certificate is a pre requisite for QLD Radiation Health prior to submitting an application for a “User Licence” to use any Laser apparatus, it is recommended to combine this course with our Laser Safety course as both are pre requisites required by QLD Radiation Health for Laser User Licences.
Students will learn the skills and knowledge required to maintain infection prevention during skin penetration treatments and to review clinic compliance with the applicable state or territory and local council requirements.
In addition to this, and at the time of writing, state legislation requires anyone who performs treatments or services which penetrate the skin to complete HLTINF005 (an infection control competency) from the Health Training Package (HLT) before they are able to pierce any one’s skin in return for payment. In many states this course is a pre-requisite for further study and recommended for positions such as –
- health care professionals
- tattoo artists
- cosmetic tattooists
- laser technicians
- body piercers
- beauty therapists
- Environmental Health Officers (EHO)
This course covers the following competencies
- Comply with infection control regulations, guidelines and related obligations
- Monitor hygiene of premises
- Maintain infection control for skin penetration treatments
- Premise layout and maintenance to control the risk of infection
- Compliance with infection control regulations and legal obligations
- Sterilisation and maintenance of equipment
Course duration: The course is self-paced – approximately 32 hours
Mode of study: Study on line – distance.
Assessment: Written exam, research assignment and practical demonstrations.
For the practical component (option for a video clip as evidence of competency) of your assessment you are required to:
- Be employed in a workplace or have access to a workplace with an autoclave (sterilisation equipment)
- be able to attend the academy’s Student Skills Clinic (Gold Coast) – takes approximately 1 hour.
Course outcomes: On successful completion of this unit, students will receive a Statement of Attainment from The Advanced Skills Academy which is a Nationally Recognised Training Organisation.
Students wishing to obtain their QLD Radiation Health Laser User Licence, should also consider completing our SIBBHRS705A Apply intense pulsed and laser safety protocols course.
This course is available for immediate access – purchase by clicking the ADD TO CART button below!